Literary Escape at The Kauai Writers Conference
Join Julie Robinson and many of her favorite writers this November on the beautiful “Garden Isle” Kauai. Julie will be attending the entire Kauai Writers Conference November 7th- 13th, including the Master Classes and the Conference. Spend time with Meg Wolitzer, Paula McLain, Luis Urrea, Priya Parmar, Elizabeth Rosner, Jean Hanff Korelitz, and Richard Russo among many other talented writers and agents.
Literary Affairs invites all readers and writers to join Julie at The Kauai Writers Conference and our clients will receive a special 20% discount.
This conference has grown over the last decade to be widely recognized as one of the most important literary gatherings in the US. It’s also one of the most enjoyable.
Kauai is beautiful! The Royal Sonesta Kauai Resort is a lovely venue, offering a gorgeous setting and landscaping, situated on its own beach. It provides charming indoor-outdoor spaces for meals and informal gatherings of attendees and faculty.
The event has three components: (1) a three-day conference with forty-some talks, workshops, panels, etc., (2) A series of master classes on aspects of the craft and business of writing, each three hours a day for four days. (3) one-on-one manuscript critique and pitch sessions with literary agents and publishing experts.
We invite you to spend some time looking at the rich and diverse roster of faculty, sessions, classes and events at kauaiwritersconference.com.
In order to get the 20% discount, enter “literaryaffairs” (all one word) when asked for a code on the bottom of the check-out page. This will apply the discount to your conference total. This is a wonderful opportunity for readers and writers and we encourage you to join us on this Literary Escape.
The Kauai Writers Conference attracts major authors of both literary and popular fiction, memoir, non-fiction and screenplay. Now in its ninth year, the festival consists of:
- FOUR DAYS OF MASTER CLASSES with top authors and industry experts on topics including plot, character development, memoir, historical fiction, nonfiction, bringing life to your novel, and adapting your work to film and TV. November 7 through 10, 2022.
- A THREE-DAY CONFERENCE. November 11 through 13, 2022.
- TALKS BY BELOVED AUTHORS including Meg Wolitzer, Richard Russo, Paula McLain, Christina Baker Kline, Scott Turow, Luis Urrea and many others. These discussions can take off in unexpected directions, but always focus on guidance for aspiring writers.
- INTIMATE SMALL GROUP DISCUSSIONS with these and other authors on all aspects of the craft and the business of writing.
- INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS WITH LITERARY AGENTS in which attendees can pitch their manuscripts and receive focused critiques.
- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATIONS with leading experts on both traditional and alternative publishing.
Nestled amidst the lush greenery of Kaua’i, our Royal Sonesta Kaua’i Resort Lihue is a Garden Island oasis. Our Kaua’i resort enjoys a glorious setting on golden sands, with opportunities to indulge in beachside spa treatments, four restaurants offering a variety of cuisines, a weekly luau, and the largest one-level pool in Hawaii. And if you’re here for business or planning a special event, we have over 27,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space.
Make yourself at home in your stylish, modern guest room, with views of the ocean, gardens, or pool. And when you set out to explore, the natural beauty of Hanalei Bay and the nearby Waimea Canyon State Park are sure to fill your days in paradise with enchantment.
© Literary Affairs, 2005-2022. All Rights Reserved.